Your privacy and how we handle your data are of utmost importance to us, so we adhere to strict guidelines about how we gather and use your personal information.
We hope you enjoy your experience using the Surefix Home Improvements website and talking to our sales representatives. In the course of doing so, we collect certain personal details from you to allow us to deal with your enquiry and provide the best possible service. Surefix Home Improvements complies fully with the prevailing data protection legislation, giving you the confidence that any information you share with us will be used in the correct manner.
What information do we collect?
If you enter your personal details on our website, we’ll ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers (mobile and land) and email address.
As part of our commitment to raising standards, we may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations, emails, text and webchat conversations) for quality assurance, legal, compliance and training purposes.
How do we use this information?
We collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow our sales representatives to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text or mail, as part of our customer care procedure;
- to help us to understand your needs and provide a better service;
- to help us to improve our products and services;
- to enable us to occasionally contact you for market research purposes;
- to enable us to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer our websites;
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- to facilitate our internal record keeping;
- to enable you to participate in our competitions and promotions;
- to carry out marketing analysis and applicant profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to process orders which you place for goods or services from us;
- to prepare before and after photographs of enhancements to your property to use for marketing purposes;
- for health and safety records and management;
- to confirm information on CVs and performance reference checks, to assess you or your employer’s suitability to work for us; and
- for equal opportunities monitoring.
Providing goods and services to you:
- to provide relevant goods or services to you (including, to confirm and process orders, for administration of your account with us
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our goods and services, including any questions you may have about how we collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information we hold about you. If we do not have a contract with you, we may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in our legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- to send you certain communications (including by email or post) about our goods and services such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to our terms and conditions;
- for health and safety and quality assurance;
- to carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- to contact you (including by email or post) with information about our products and services which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this;
Legal bases for personal information use
The legal basis that we rely upon for processing your data will depend upon the circumstances in which it is being collected and used but will, in most cases, fall into one of the following categories:
- where the processing is necessary to carry out the performance of a contract with you;
- where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way
- where the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with a legal obligation; or
- where none of the above apply, it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (for example, to ensure a safe working environment, to ensure the reliability of our employees or to maintain adequate personnel record).
Where we collect and process more sensitive categories of personal information (for example, health information in the event of access issues, then we will only process such information:
- where we reasonably need to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations; or
- where you have given us your consent.
Surefix Home Improvements Ltd